Have you been looking for a role that combines your business experience and insight with your ability to relate to people and achieve outcomes working through other people? We may have the role for you. Are you a strong resilient person with intellectual and emotional smarts? Keep reading…
- Broad mandate to use your strategic ingenuity
- A dynamic role that blends the strategic aspects of consulting and the influence of GM
- Responsible for combined revenues of over $20M
- Variety of industry sectors and stages of business life cycle
- Break-out role for a proven performer ready to pivot their career
- This is an opportunity to use your breadth of experience and intelligence to drive growth across all areas of business. Work with a cohort of intelligent and motivated professionals.
- Will suit an up-and-coming, dynamic operator who approaches challenges with energy and curiosity, and is open to new ways of thinking.
We are the number 1 ranked firm in our professional services field, with a 16-year history of stable growth. We are continuing to expand with the addition of another experienced professional to our team.
- Are a proven performer at senior levels, delivering excellent growth results and sound financial management;
- Are excited to initiate and drive transformational strategy;
- Have the ability to direct decision-making within environments of conflicting priorities;
- Can see around the corner to identify new markets – you also know when to exit;
- Use your commercial acumen to align business objectives, operations and investment initiatives;
- Have a unique blend of financial management and real-world nous;
- Are a driven individual who thrives on transforming business performance;
- Lead, support and inspire those around you.
Your past experiences have prepared you perfectly for this challenge and you have evolved your career for this role.
When you join our cohort of world-class coaches and specialists, you’ll be one of nine in our collaborative team of experts. As coaches, we influence all areas of the business: long term goals and strategic plans, marketing and sales, organisational structure, recruitment and management challenges, financial and operational reporting, capital investments.
Unlike a traditional GM role which is limited to one silo within an industry sector, this is a mentorship role for a portfolio of 20 SME businesses. The businesses you’ll coach are at different stages of the business life cycle and in a wide range of industries. You’ll have broad oversight of all areas of the business and free reign to develop strategies that are not dictated by a board.
As a business growth strategist, you will be free from the monotonous aspects of a pure GM role to focus on driving business results and people outcomes.
Pivot Your Career
If your specialisation in one particular industry feels like an anchor to your career progression, this role will give you breadth of scope. You’ll apply your existing skills in new ways at the same time as learning aspects of businesses you may not have encountered before.
Business coaching is the ultimate multifaceted role, where every day presents a new challenge. To be successful in this role, you’ll be innovative, adaptive and results-oriented.
Drawing on your own and our team’s experiences, knowledge and insights, you’ll convert concepts into strategies to drive successful and sustainable business outcomes.
You’ll also know when to be firm and hold someone directly accountable, and when to back off. You’re an all-rounder who understands the mechanics of a business, from sales and marketing through to cash flow, and profit and loss.
Use Your Mentoring Expertise
The business owners you’ll mentor will value your insights and acumen; they’ll look to you as their trusted adviser. You’ll enjoy the challenge of figuring out what makes them tick and developing them to be the best leaders of their business.
As a mentor, you’ll draw on your people management and leadership abilities to influence people outcomes. You’ll be keen to understand your clients’ underlying motivations and how that plays out in the way they manage their business. Your high level of emotional intelligence will help you connect with your clients and enable you to adapt your communication and approach to get the best results.
Your Qualifications and Experience
Ideally, we are seeking applications from professionals who possess:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Australia in a senior management role. Your previous experience may be as a GM or a manager of a business unit (e.g. finance manager, area/regional manager). Other roles may have had responsibility for strategy, account management or management consulting;
- You may have experience in an entrepreneurial endeavour, backed by strong commercial acumen and judgment;
- You will have been involved in consulting and mentoring a team in the past and found that you enjoyed the role of adviser/coach;
- Degree, MBA or other related discipline qualifications to be looked at favourably.
Attributes that will help you succeed in the role:
- Ability to communicate business concepts in a succinct, user-friendly manner, while working with ambiguous and sometimes incomplete data;
- Good conceptual reasoning capabilities, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You are ‘comfortable with the uncomfortable’;
- Highly results focused;
- Biased towards action and a track record of working with others to affect change;
- A proactive, structured and self-sufficient approach, and open to seeking advice and help when needed;
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects;
- High learning orientation;
- High level of EQ;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, in particular fostering collaborative working relationships at all levels.
The starting salary is in line with market rates for a comparable role, and is negotiable based on your experience and the skills you bring to the firm. Ongoing, the remuneration includes bonuses based on reaching predetermined performance levels with the expectation of a salary package in excess of $250,000.
Learn more about Tenfold Business Coaching here: https://www.tenfoldcoaching.com.au/
If you’d like to have an informal conversation about the role, please send an email to Ms Tania Baker at email@example.com with your phone number and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Applications should include a relevant cover letter that addresses this specific role.