I’m here with the COVID-19 continuity update for Australian businesses on Friday 18th September:
Today I’d like to talk about 3 things:
1. The steps of Victoria’s roadmap
3. Victorian Business Support Grants now open
4. Mental wellbeing
1. The steps of Victoria’s roadmap
As we come to the end of our first week in step one, I want to look forward.
Step two will come into effect on September 28 if the 14-day average for metropolitan Melbourne is between 30 and 50.
With the 14-day average reported today of 42.7, it is certainly doable that we can move to Step Two on 28th September.
In Step Two, we will see:
• A slight easing of restrictions in the construction, manufacturing and warehousing sectors.
• Melbournians will be able to catch up with a few people outdoors for social interactions, recreation or exercise for up to 2 hours (the fine print is that you can meet up to 5 people from a maximum of two households for a maximum of 2 hours and within 5 km of their home.)
• Schools will reopen for preps – grade 2, and VCE students and childcare will reopen
Step Three will be much harder to achieve as the targets are far more challenging. (As a reminder, the trigger for Step Three is the 14-day average for the whole state drops below five and there have been fewer than five new mystery cases state-wide over the same period. As a reference point, the 14-day average for all of regional Vic was 2.3 today.)
Easing of the Step Three conditions may be on the horizon, as many leading health experts have spoken out against the target for Step Three as being too stringent. And yesterday, the Victorian Deputy Chief Health Officer, Prof Alan Cheng indicated there could be some flexibility in the triggers for moving from step two to step three in easing restrictions.
If you’re interested, you can read these articles from The Age:
2. Good news for some Tenfold clients
I know it’s tough, particularly for many Victorian businesses having to operate within the Stage 4 restrictions. For those reasons, I’m particularly proud to share these recent wins of some Tenfold clients:
• An electrical contractor won a $9M tender for commercial maintenance
• Landscape construction company won $1M in council work
Both these businesses have been significantly impacted by the restrictions – one of them had been shut down and the other was severely curtailed. Despite those challenges, they continued to follow the strategic plans they had developed with their coach. Well done, your results are well earned.
3. Victorian Business Support Fund Grants now open
Round 3 of the Business Support Fund grants for employing businesses opened today (18th September) at 5:30pm.
As a reminder, eligible businesses will receive:
• $10,000 if your annual payroll is less than $650,000
• $15,000 if your annual 2019-20 payroll is between $650,000 and less than $3 million
• $20,000 if your annual 2019-20 payroll is between $3 million and up to $10 million.
To apply, you must provide:
• Your ABN – I know many Tenfold clients’ business structures include trusts and operating entities – ensure you use the ABN associated with your operating entity or you risk having your application rejected and missing out on the funds.
• Your WorkCover Employer Number
• Your most recent JobKeeper Business Monthly Declaration Receipt ID or Enrolment ID
Applications will remain open until funds are exhausted or until 11.59pm on 23 November 2020
4. Mental Health and mindset
I’ve been speaking about taking care of your mental health and I’ve had good responses from Tenfold clients letting me know this has been an important topic.
One of Tenfold’s alliance partners, Inspire Tribe provides mindset mentoring and off the back of my previous emails they have generously offered complimentary access to a program of mindset tools. The 10-week program is normally $3000 per seat but it’s being made available at no cost for Tenfold clients and their teams during these challenging times.
For more information about the program and how to register for free, please see the attachment or click here: Access the MindsetGYM offer for Tenfold clients
Have a good weekend, I hope the Melbournians among us make the most of your 2 hours outside.
Ashley Thomson B.Eng(Hons), Grad. Dip. Mgmt, MEI
Tenfold Business Coaching