Content Writer – casual role
This is an opportunity to use your flair for writing to create content to engage and inform small-medium business owners. If you’re looking for a way to use your awesome communication skills to earn a bit of extra money while having flexibility to work when it suits you, this could be the role for you. Read on…
- Family-friendly and flexible role. 8 hrs per week with potential for more.
- Work from home on your own schedule. You do you.
- Collaborative & friendly team. Not much contact but when it does happen – WOW!
- Flexibility to work when it suits you and manage your own workload.
A bit about us
We are the number 1 ranked business coaching firm in Australia, with a 15-year history of excellence. We help owners of small-medium businesses to lead the best versions of their business and achieve their goals. The clients we work with are from all sectors of business: building and trades, manufacturing, retail, professional services, health care. (Read about our clients here: https://www.tenfoldcoaching.com.au/testimonials.aspx)
So, what do all those different clients have in common? They are doing their best and they want to get even better; for their business, their teams, their families and communities, and themselves. Because when you know better, you do better. And that’s where we come in.
We are a teamily (noun: a team that feels like family) of nine motivated professionals who love what we do and we are continuing to grow. We’d love to have a dynamic communicator join our team to help increase our brand awareness and boost our digital marketing activities.
Learn more about Tenfold Business Coaching here: https://www.tenfoldcoaching.com.au/
About the role
As a member of the marketing team you will research and develop high quality written and rich content to help drive traffic to our website and provide an engaging customer experience through various channels.
You will be required to develop SEO-focused content for Tenfold’s website, blogs, create successful landing pages and interactives, and proactively market Tenfold’s brand.
Here are some examples of our content style:
- 3 Tips for Tradies to Target Profitable Clients AND Reduce Risk
- Top 5 Tips for Small Businesses to Gain Competitive Edge Over Big Businesses
- 4 Essential Cash Tips for any SME
We have allocated 8 hours per week to deliver an agreed number of content pieces, with the potential to increase the hours and output.
The role will suit a self-starter who enjoys taking the spark of an idea and building insightful and interesting content.
Your main contact will be Tenfold’s Practice Manager, Tania, and you’ll have regular contact by phone, email and video conference while you work from… well, wherever you choose!
This flexible role will include:
- Assisting with the development of compelling, insightful and engaging content for Tenfold’s website, ensuring all content is on-brand and consistent;
- Ensuring content is strategically aligned with brand/campaign values, and written with user experience, multi-channel, SEO/SEM, and personalisation in mind;
- Contribute to morning brainstorming sessions and identification of new concepts for content;
- Designing and creating content including website content, infographics, articles, case studies, eBooks, e-newsletters, blog posts, media releases, as well as occasionally contributing to knowledge articles, FAQs, and user instructional content;
- Social media monitoring: creating and publishing content for our social media channels through Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Contributing your insight to strategies to leverage content opportunities across various marketing channels.
- You have great time management skills;
- You approach new topics and ideas with energy and curiosity;
- You have high standards and are great at seeking and considering feedback;
- You have a passion for writing;
- An interest in small-medium business is a bonus;
- You enjoy keeping up with content marketing trends and topics (you might read or follow Hubspot, Neil Patel, Oren Klaff, Bernadette Jiwa, and others).
Your qualifications and experience
Ideally, we are seeking applications from professionals who possess:
- Degree in a relevant discipline plus relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in Australia;
- Excellent written communication skills with a background in advertising, marketing or communications in Australia;
- Experience in creating content for a range of different audiences and media channels (within the Australian small-medium business sector would be ideal but not a prerequisite);
- Understanding of key social media platforms and their role in content sharing and brand promotion;
- Familiar with best practises for content marketing, SEO, blog writing;
- Ability to understand, identify and research relevant topics in key markets to ensure content produced is appealing to target audiences.
This is a casual role offering $30-$45 per hour negotiable based on experience and skill.
If you love writing and enjoy being trusted to deliver great work around your own schedule, then we invite you to apply today. Please provide a resume/CV with a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for the role and our business, and 3 examples of your work.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Ms Tania Baker, Practice Manager
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.