I’m here with insights for Australian businesses on 5th August 2021.
So Victoria has gone into lockdown (Again. Again.)
Not much to say here. You know the drill. Get down low and go go go.
The lockdown commences at 8pm today for the whole of Victoria and will be in place for seven days, until 8pm Thursday 12 August 2021.
A link to the restrictions is provided here for your reference: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/how-we-work-current-restrictions
I can advise that it’s the same set of restrictions as the last lockdown (20th July 2021). Every Tenfold business coach is very familiar with these restrictions, so if you have any questions reach out. Our coaches are best placed to discuss how the restrictions apply to your business.
At the time of writing, the additional details that we usually provide you haven’t been released. Going off the restrictions from the 20th July lockdown, I’ve provided the restrictions from that circuit breaker (20 July 2021). These can be used as a point of reference for Victorian businesses in the construction sector:
The following services which must operate solely outdoors where physical distancing can be maintained at all times, for businesses with an ABN:
- landscaping and gardening services (with up to five people)
- outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work (including in relation to pools), with up to five people plus a supervisor if conducted at occupied premises
- home renovations and installations (with up to five people a plus supervisor if conducted at occupied premises)
- home solar panel installations (with up to five people plus supervisor if conducted at occupied premises and in those circumstances only for outdoor work or in roof cavities with external access).
Once again: 5 reasons to leave home, 5km travel restriction:
1. Getting groceries and supplies
3. Care or caregiving
4. Authorised work or education that cannot be done from home
5. Getting vaccinated
Schools will be closed, while childcare remains open.
Masks remain mandatory indoors and outdoors (except your home).
VIC: Gov funding to be announced
Government funding will be announced tomorrow morning, however we think that it’s likely to be limited only to those businesses that are most heavily impacted by lockdowns. This is based on what our business coaches have seen for the recent rounds of Business Costs Assistance Programs and the Business Continuity Fund.
QLD: Government funding for businesses impacted by SEQ lockdown
Businesses in QLD may be eligible to receive $5,000 by way of the Qld government’s 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants.
- Your business employs staff, and has annual payroll less than $10M
- Business is located in anywhere in Queensland (not only in the 11 LGAs in lockdown)
- Your turnover has declined at least 30% as a result of the lockdown.
Applications don’t open until mid-August, so the details on how to assess your business’ turnover isn’t known at this stage. Once the guidelines are published, the Tenfold business coach team will work with Queensland business owners to assess eligibility for funding.
Tenfold coaches are working remotely through this latest lockdown and will be in contact to touch base and help you get through this latest lockdown.
Ashley Thomson B.Eng. (Hons), Grad. Dip. Mgmt, MEI
Tenfold Business Coaching