I’m here with insights for Australian businesses on 1st October 2021.
Tenfold business coaching clients and businesses in the construction sector will be pleased to hear that all construction sites will be reopening on Tuesday 5th October 2021.
We are essentially back to the same operating conditions that were in place before construction sites were locked down. See: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/construction-restart-plan
Here are the things that are different for the reopening:
- Attestation: the site operator must attest that the site complies with the directions. The declaration form will be available through Services Australia – it’s not online yet but due to be up by Saturday 2nd October.
- Metro/regional movement: Fully vaccinated workers will be allowed to move between metro and regional Victoria for construction work. For partially vaccinated workers, see: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-reopening-victorian-construction
Note: Fully vaccinated means having both vaccinations, or one vaccination and a booking for the second dose by Saturday 13 November.
As a refresher, I covered these key points about mandatory vaccinations in yesterday’s briefing:
- Who the Victorian mandatory vaccination direction applies to
- Can employers tell staff to get vaccinated
- What Tenfold clients need to do (seek vax status, record)
- How to have a conversation with your team about these directions
See the business coach briefing from Thursday 30th September here: https://tenfoldcoaching.com.au/tenfold-client-briefing-30th-september-mandatory-vaccinations-explained/
As always, reach out to your Tenfold business coach if you have any questions.
Ashley Thomson B.Eng. (Hons), Grad. Dip. Mgmt, MEI
Tenfold Business Coaching