I’m here with insights for Australian businesses on 14th October 2021 and I have a positive update for Tenfold clients and businesses with operations in Victoria. In this briefing:
- Victorian construction sector to increase capacity soon
- Extension to vaccination timeline for other authorised workers – booking for first dose by 22/10
- Works at occupied premises
- Updated key dates
With Victorian vaccination rates increasing, the state is on track to be 70% fully vaccinated by around Friday 22nd October (next week).
As changes are happening, we’re posting news and updates on our Instagram account. Follow us at @tenfoldbusinesscoaching or click the pic below:
Vic construction sector to increase capacity soon
When Vic reaches 70% fully vaccinated for the state, large scale construction sites will increase capacity from 25% to 100% if all workers on site are fully vaccinated.
At this time, this change has only been confirmed for large scale construction. For Tenfold clients and construction business on smaller scale sites, I hope that we will hear an announcement soon that capacity will also be lifted.
Extension to vaccination timeline for other authorised workers
The deadline for first dose for other authorised workers (basically anyone allowed to attend any workplace) has been extended. Other authorised workers who haven’t had their first dose by Friday 15th October can still attend work if they are booked to have received their first dose by Friday 22 Oct.
I want to make a note that this extension doesn’t apply to workers on construction sites. From 5th October, anyone attending a construction site must have had their first dose.
Renovation opening – to be confirmed
For Tenfold clients and trades businesses who operate in the renovation and residential landscape construction sector, there may be good news soon. We’re waiting to get confirmation that works at occupied premises may be able to resume when Vic reaches 70% fully vaccinated.
Previously the ban was expected to be in place until the 80% fully vaccinated target was achieved (ETA early November), so this easing of restriction will be welcomed when it is confirmed.
I encourage you to work with your Tenfold coach to plan your restart so that you are mobilised and ready to get back on site as soon as the change is locked in.
Key dates for businesses
- Anyone on a construction site must be first dose vaccinated
15 October (Friday):
- Authorised workers can attend a workplace if they are first dose vaccinated or have a booking to have their first dose by 22nd October
- Victoria is expected to reach 70% fully vaccinated (updated timeframe)
- Large scale construction at 100% capacity if all onsite workers are fully vaxxed
- Anyone attending a workplace must be first dose vaccinated or medical exception (hard date of 22nd October)
- Victoria expected to reach 80% fully vaccinated
- All construction at 100% capacity and no restrictions on movement between sites if workers are fully vaccinated
- Other workers can return to work if they are fully vaccinated
- Anyone attending a construction site must be fully vaccinated (or a medical exception)
- Anyone attending a workplace must be fully vaccinated (or a medical exception)
Your Tenfold business coach is up to speed with these updates so ask us for advice if you have any questions.
Ashley Thomson B.Eng. (Hons), Grad. Dip. Mgmt, MEI
Tenfold Business Coaching